Friday 10 February 2012

Welcome

Have I welcomed you yet? No, that is, I believe I have not.
Welcome. (translate that into as many languages as you wish).
It's odd the things people write in blogs, how they differ so much from the next. The reasons for it all are so very different too. And yet somehow, they all share some one piece that is imbedded throughout. They all want their words to be heard. No matter what these words are, they want someone to read them, they want someone to look. And I know, myself, that I am no different from that. I want my words to be heard.
Take what you think about me, about who you think I am in this very moment, and push it from your mind. I am not that person. I'm never going to be who you think I am, even those that meet me will never really know.
Oh, the rudeness, you might be saying. I am sorry if I have come across rude, I do not intend to be, I just intend to tell the truth. I will say this now, as it seems an appropriate time; if I ever offend you for any reason, I am incredibly sorry and I do not mean to do it purposely. If you ever think there is anything on this make that you may find offensive, please tell me, and I will see about removing it.
Formalities are gone now, but were they ever there? Yes, no, maybe? Well I am sure the answer will be different for everyone, no one ever thinks the same. A life lesson there is you so wish it to be.
I now feel obliged to say one thing about me; my mind is always changing and I will easily go from talking about one thing onto the next in a matter of sentences. If you look above you will see I have gone from words, to me, to apologies, to formalities, to life lessons, and now to this. I can start on one side of the world and end up on the next in a moment.
I really now, do not know if you are still reading. If you just read that line then it must mean you must. Or you just skipped ahead and something from it caught your eye. Either way, I thank you for still reading.
And now it is time for me to end this post of sorts, where many things have been mentioned and very little been said. But what is the right word to end with, be it goodbye. Nay, too simple. Farewell. Nay, too permanent. Is there a perfect word for an end that is not wished to be permanent?
Maybe. And that will now be how I end.
Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment